Good afternoon everyone and Happy Art Wednesday! This week, we’re showcasing our first pet! Follow the link in this post to view Neko the cat! Neko was designed by our very own Jason Fader. She was modelled after Jason’s own cat named Neko that is sadly no longer with us today. However, she is now immortalized in Steam Bandits: Outpost! Big thank you to our artist Susan for creating Neko and to Jason for sharing Neko with us. We look forward to showing you more pets in the future!
Until next week! <3
Good evening everyone! Hope you’re all getting off work soon and ready to have a fabulous weekend. Sorry for the late update! If you missed our meeting this morning, you can catch a recording of it here. This week’s update is pretty short since we’re missing some people this week. We wanted to give a big thank you again to those of you who attended the IGDA meeting at Gaikai this past Tuesday and also to Gaikai. A link to that meeting is posted a couple updates below this one. We’ll be sending out a backer update on Kickstarter soon that will provide more information about our current progress so keep an eye out for that.
- JD shows us the 3D male and female versions of the Farwalker outfit as well as the Maya Athelas outfit.
- Lindsey has been working on both the 2D male and female versions of the Captain Madie Halifax outfit.
- Phil shows us the Fabric Mill that he’s been working on as well as the update on the Overseer’s Office.
- Ether shows us the 3D version of the Persephone Claringbold outfit.
Last week, we mentioned that we would be cutting back on our broadcasted Hangouts, but for the time being we’ll be still broadcasting every week. We’ll let you know if there’s a week where we won’t be broadcasting. However, until then, we’ll see you next week!
Good morning everyone and Happy Friday! Our weekly Hangout starts in 30 minutes! Head on over to our YouTube page to see what’s new with the team and ask any questions you might have! See you in 30 minutes!
Good morning everyone! We want to give a big thank you to everyone who was able to attend the IGDA meeting this past Tuesday and also to Gaikai for being kind enough to host the event! We had a great time meeting all of you and sharing our project with you. If you were unable to make it to the meeting, follow the link in this post to view the recording of it! Thank you again for all your support!
Happy Art Wednesday everyone! Today we’re showcasing another building. Follow the link in this post to view the Flox Refinery. This building will be upgradable so this particular showcase is of one of the upgraded versions of this building. As with other buildings, this one will also be color customizable! How do you like the color of the flox? I personally really love the color of them!
Until next week! <3
Good morning everyone! We hope you’re having a fabulous Monday! Today we need your help! We’ve created a creature, but we don’t know what to name it! We’d like you to help! The team came up with some names for the species and we’d like you to vote on them. However, if you feel you have a better name for the creature, please feel free to add it to the list! If you do so, please keep your names PG and keep in mind that we’re looking for a name for the species and not a pet name.
A picture of the caterpillar can be found here and a link to the poll so you can vote can be found here! Please help us out and ask your friends to help us too! Thank you so much everyone! We love your support! <3
Our meeting is over, but if you missed it you can catch a recording of it here. Just as another reminder, the IGDA OC Chapter Meeting is this coming Tuesday at Gaikai’s Headquarters in Aliso Viejo and we’ll be there talking about Kickstarter funding and Steam Bandits. We’ll also have Captain Cards, so stop by and see us. We’ll be making a Facebook event so you’ll know when and where to find us!
- Tawny lets you know that we will be holding a Facebook poll so that you can help us name the Caterpillar. We will give you a list of names we came up with, but you’ll be able to add your own names.
- JD shows us Captain Harcourt’s 3D outfit as well as the 3D version of one of our backer designed pets.
- Phil has been working on buildings and shows us the research lab which will allow you to research artifacts that you find throughout the game. He also shows us the Fabric Mill which utilizes fabrics harvested from the caterpillar you’ll be helping us name.
- Susan has been going back and upgrading old buildings such as the blacksmith and shows us other buildings that have been adjusted.
- Esther has been working on the 3D outfits for Dreadnought and Zakair.
We’re going to be cutting back our Hangouts to every other week, but we’ll announce whenever we are having a public meeting. We’re hoping to be in beta soon!
Until next week!
Good morning everyone! Our weekly Hangout starts in 30 minutes! Head on over to our YouTube page to see what’s new with the team! If you miss the meeting, a summary will be posted shortly after. See you in 30!
Happy Art Wednesday everyone! This week, we’re showcasing another building. Follow the link in this post to view the Hydro Plant! Let us know what you think of the building style so far!
Until next week. <3
Hey everyone! Our meeting is over, but if you missed it, you can catch a recording of it here on our new YouTube channel. This week, we made the switch back to YouTube since we can now stream our Hangouts from Google+! We also have a new Google+ page so be sure to check that out here. As a reminder, Tuesday May 14th we’ll be at Gaikai’s headquarters in Aliso Viejo at the IGDA meeting discussing some stuff about Steam Bandits. Hopefully we’ll see you there!
- JD shows us both his work and Phil’s work since Phil couldn’t join us today. JD has been working on a backer designed pet called Lawnbo which the artists have had a great time designing. He’s also been working on a caterpillar that is growing wool on its back and when it sheds its skin, you’ll be able to harvest it to bring to your textile factory! Don’t worry you won’t be able to harm it since it sheds its skin naturally. We haven’t named the pet yet, but we’d love to hear your feedback on names!
- Susan has been working on a market where you’ll be able to sell inventory from your factories. This building will help you gather resources that your island/continent may not be able to produce as well as other continents. It also allows you to sell resources that your island/continent is more adept at producing/harvesting. It’s basically a trade market between continents.
- Esther has been working on the 3D version of a Captain’s outfit both male and female!
That’s it for us this week! We hope you guys have a great weekend and stay safe this holiday weekend! We’ll see you next week! <3
Good morning everyone and Happy Friday! Our weekly Hangout starts in 30 minutes! This week, we’re finally making the switch back to YouTube. Follow the link in this post to view our new YouTube channel which is linked to our new Google+ page. In 30 minutes, you’ll see a live broadcast of our Hangout and you can ask us any questions in the comment section. Head on over to see what’s new with the team! See you in 30! If you miss the meeting, a summary will be posted shortly after.
Happy Wednesday everyone! Thankfully, we’re a little early on the art post today! This week we’re showing another building. Follow the link in this post to view the building! This is the Glassworker which will allow you to create specific glass related items such as goggles and much more! We’re showing the level 3 version of this building so it’s fully upgraded. These buildings will be color customizable so fear not if you want a different color! The glass that goes into this building is provided by another building called the Glass Factory, which harvests sand to create glass. Hopefully, we’ll showcase that building soon. Let us know what you think of the Glassworker in the mean time!
Thank you for all your support! Til next week! <3
Hey everyone! Since we’re getting closer to a closed beta, we wanted to see which platforms you are most likely to use to play Steam Bandits: Outpost! Follow the link in this post to our Facebook page to view the poll and let us know! Be sure to send over your friends to like our page and participate in our poll!
We love your support! <3
Hey everyone! This week our meeting is pretty short. If you missed the meeting, you can view a recording of it here. On May 14th, the team will be talking about Steam Bandits at the IGDA meeting in Aliso Viejo at Gaikai’s Headquarters. We’ll be handing out Captain Cards and possibly Beta keys. We hope to see you there!
- Susan shows us the Glass Factory that she’s been working on this past week including its different levels. She also shows us Phil’s work since he couldn’t join us today.
- Phil has been working on the Hydroplant which will harvest water and eventually make steam at different levels.
- Esther shows us some of the pets/companions and Captain outfits she’s been working on this week. The first pet is a cute backer designed gecko, the next companion is a wolf/troll humanoid that was also designed by a backer and lastly she’s been working on the Tiberia Crowe outfit for the Overseers.
Jason puts Esther on the spot to send us off properly as our newest team member, but don’t worry the team helped her out the best we could!
Until next week! <3
Good morning and TGIF everyone! Our weekly Hangout starts in 30 minutes! Head on over to our Twitch page to see what’s new with the team. A summary will be posted after in case you missed it! We’ll see you there.